FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHEN CAN I GET A PREGNANCY MASSAGE?
Pregnancy massage is available to anyone after they have completed their first trimester of pregnancy so long as there are no complications with the pregnancy and you are not under consultant care.
After we have done a full medical history, if there is any concern to go forward with treatment, we will need permission from your midwife and/or consultant if necessary.
DO I HAVE TO PLAY SPORTS TO HAVE A SPORTS MASSAGE?
No! You don't have to have an injury either.
Sports massages can help with:
Improving range of motion
WHAT IF I FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE AT ANY POINT DURING MY MASSAGE?
Is there something that puts you off having a professional massage?
All of our massages are provided with your needs as our number one priority.
From the moment you walk through the door, you have the right to:
- Control the amount of pressure applied throughout your massage.
- Have complete privacy whilst undressing and dressing.
- To refuse any area of your body from being touched throughout your massage.
- To talk throughout your massage or remain quiet, anything that is discussed is kept completely confidential.
- To be listened to and be treated with the upmost respect.
- To terminate your session at any point, for any reason.
You are in full control throughout your appointment, please do not feel like you have to do anything, communication is key!
We want you to feel comfortable at all times and to have the confidence to be open and honest about your preferences and feelings at all times.
DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING AFTER MY MASSAGE?
After your massage you should:
- Make sure you make the time to rest.
- Stay hydrated, drink lost of water.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours.
- Apply an ice pack to any areas that feel particularly sore or tender.
It is normal to feel tender for up to 48hours post massage, if your symptoms continue after then, please contact your general practitioner as there may be an unknown underlying condition.